background

Monday, February 15, 2010

Patience

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-6332206reg.jpg
When I first found out I was pregnant I wanted a girl with all my heart. I dreamed about a baby girl for months, only had girl names picked out and would actually gasp aloud when I saw outfits like the oh so cute dress above. My Mom and I are so close I wanted that same relationship with my daughter. But there was a time when my Mom had to deal with my smart mouth (sorry Mom!) However God had different plans for me. When I had my ultrasound at 18 weeks I found out I was having a boy, I think Aaron actually said "Yes!" I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my boy with all my heart. But there is an important point I would like to note that goes along with my little man. He requires a lot of patience! After I had him I remember one of my friends asking me "Have you gotten frustrated yet?" and I replied "No actually." And that was the truth. I have a lot of patience for a person. I mean I teach 19 first graders all day, I have a lot of self control. But today I truly got frustrated and I have to ask myself whether boys take things to a whole new level. I was trying to put him down for his morning nap today and he wrestled me and screamed. This carried on for about 30 minutes, finally I just put him in his crib and walked away. Five minutes later he was done crying and asleep all on his own. Geese should have just tried that the first time instead of waiting until me and him were both worn out! But I truly think boys and girls are just different in nature. Case in point: My bff Sarah was over today with her sweet little Maddy who is four months old. Kingston was crawling everywhere, throwing things, knocking things over etc. I think at one point Sarah was concerned for Maddy's well being. All I could do was shake my head, this is my life with my crazy monster (as I lovingly call him.) But Maddy did something that I've never seen Kingston really do. I showed her a toy that she didn't really like and she stuck out her lip (which was honestly one of the cutest things I have ever seen!) and she kept it there. She lets you know how she feels! And it made me laugh! Oh my boys and girls are so different! To wrap this up each night I pray for more patience with my boy. But I cherish throwing him up in the air, wrestling on the ground and even getting my hair pulled. Cuz I'm his momma and every one of those things brings me true joy!

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo right! At church we were just talking about how women need love and men need respect. Face it, We are just different.

    ReplyDelete