background

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Reflections of Motherhood

This use to be me . . . before.(circa 2000) Wasn't I pretty? In case you're wondering yes there was someone else in this picture who shall remain nameless and yes I used to have a gap in my front teeth up until a few months ago. But all of that is really not the point! The point is that this was me 10 years ago, before motherhood. Now I am still considered a new mother, but after all of my years of college I learned that after you learn something new you should write a reflection.So here is mine, so far. . . From the moment I found out I was pregnant I felt like the world had completely changed. Suddenly everything seemed so scary. What if someone hit me while I was riding in the car or what if I fall while I'm pregnant (which of course I did cuz I'm clumsy). These are just a few of the many thoughts that pulsed through my brain on a day to day basis. But I learned to focus on one of my favorite bible verses Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. As my pregnancy continued and I got to see my precious boy shown here at 5 months pregnant :

My love for baby only grew. The day he was born was honestly the best day of my life. I remember looking at Aaron and saying "I already love him so much!" and then cried. I never thought you could love someone so much that you just met!
In these past nine months I have learned many things, felt many emotions and changed as a person. I'm not sure I could describe it all to be honest. Somedays I still feel like that girl at the top of this post, and when I look in the mirror I don't even recgonize my appereance. But I know that I will never be the same person on the inside. Being a mother has made me appreciate and love my parents in a way I could never understand before. Now I know why they worried so much because I feel the same way about my son. Just hearing him cry can break my heart. But I wouldn't ch
ange it for the world, no matter what happens. Being a mother has made me a better teacher, friend, and daughter. Even though I have those days where I don't want to get out of bed and I'm exhausted by chasing him around, I know that my life couldn't possibly be any better. Each morning I have this to look forward to...
When things are tough I just remember how lucky and blessed I am to be a mother.

1 comment:

  1. awe...soo sweet! You are such a good mommy! Hopefully I will be just as great someday! :)

    PS You are still absolutely beautiful inside and out!...so put the highschool pics away! haha! They are only known to cause mini depressions! lol!

    ReplyDelete